I'm Pam Newman.
I am awesome every day & you are too.
Follow my butt on Twitter!
I'm a writer of aricles, poems & songs. Here's some cool stuff I wrote.
- Because they don’t have an address, homeless people can not register to vote, or renew their voter registration.
- Roughly 1 in every 200 persons in the US used the shelter system at some point between October 1, 2008 and September 30, 2009.
- On any given night in America, anywhere from 700,000 to 2 million people are homeless, according to estimates of the National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty.
According to a December, 2000 report of the US Conference of Mayors:
- Single men comprise 44 percent of the homeless, single women 13 percent, families with children 36 percent, and unaccompanied minors seven percent.
- The homeless population is about 50 percent African-American, 35 percent white, 12 percent Hispanic, 2 percent Native American and 1 percent Asian.
- According to the United States Conference of Mayors, the main cause is the lack of affordable housing.
- queertroi reblogged this from awesome-everyday
- atasteofcandor reblogged this from awesome-everyday
- love-isnt-enough-to-win reblogged this from awesome-everyday
- renew likes this
- ub14 likes this
- jessyspino likes this
- serina said: I used to hire street kids, no one else would, they couldn’t even get a job in the food court. Most of them had piece of shit parents who never did anything but shit on them. People need to show some compassion and fight the urge to stereotype ppl.
- serina likes this
- awesome-everyday posted this