I'm Pam Newman.
I am awesome every day & you are too.
Follow my butt on Twitter!
I'm a writer of aricles, poems & songs. Here's some cool stuff I wrote.
Okay, I’ve been meaning to write a post like this for months. Winning those GRAMMYs tickets really inspired me, and I have the patience to write it out tonight.
Creating Your Future
This might get a little new age & existential on your asses, but it’s also basic psychology. Just follow me okay?
Here is the obligatory pre-awesomenes sob story.
I spent the majority of my twenties depressed, whiny, and hating life. I worked in offices doing jobs I was good at but absolutely hated. I maintained friendships with people who drug me into their misery cycle and always swam against the current. I hated myself. I drank A FUCKTON, partied way too much, and was essentially Britney Spears save the fame, money and Federline in my lady parts.
I was miserable because I was trying to live a life that I didn’t really want to, but I thought I had to.
Then, saturn finally returned for me, like it does for everyone around their 28th/29th birthday. I was slow to wake up on my own, so that influence set the alarm clock for me.
The outer wrapper of bullshit started to dissolve, got a little bit of life coaching, and woke the fuck up. I have control of my environment, the people I allow in it, and what my world looks like.
I can create what I want. Most things that happen around/to you are things you’ve created. That’s not all inclusive, though. Sometimes shit happens that you absolutely cannot control, but you have to create a world where that kind of thing doesn’t matter, or is easily resolved.
Thinking positivity really changes shit. Even if you have to fake it till you make it.
I seriously put a drawing of myself as a princess on my mirror with the phrase, “I love myself like no other,” on it. It’s really been a large part of how my self-worth has increased lately. I meditate on that. I actually meditate on several things:
- I love myself like no other
- I believe in myself and my abilities
- Abate fear in all of its forms
- I forgive myself and all others
Creating the future you want is really about imagining who you want to become, and believing it. Believe that is who you are, and embody it. Live your future now.
Forgiveness is really much more important than we’re taught it is. Really forgiving ourselves, our parents and people we interact with daily is so crucial to understanding the world around us, and freeing ourselves from the hate-weight.
I probably sound corny as fuck.
But seriously, this process… this effort of forgiving myself, forgiving my mom… really changed shit for me.
Last year, while I was working as a waitress and trying to figure out how to be who I wanted to be and still survive… I spoke to a woman named Jeannie. Jeannie had just married the man of her dreams and had a beautiful wedding on a beach.
She and I talked about her wedding and somehow we dribbled into a conversation about life, and lessons. Jeannie told me the most important lesson she ever learned was forgiveness. At the time I was thinking, “Bitch, whatever. Really? It wasn’t how to save money or something concrete?”
But essential things like forgiveness open us up to really being able to experience life, and gets us on the path of not being afraid.
That’s a lot of shit I just dumped out, but I think it’s valid, and I really wanted to share.
- treatyoselfartie likes this
- me-u-us likes this
- tickiotock likes this
- michetique likes this
- super-michael said: This was perfect for this exact second in my life. Thank you <3
- super-michael likes this
- crinabvr likes this
- ub14 likes this
- muhmuhmuhmonster said: As a 20-year-old (I turned 20 2 weeks ago!), this is really inspiring. I heard that people spend their 20s figuring out who they are, and that you don’t become comfortable with yourself until your late20s/30s. I’m scared/excited.Thanks for this, Pam!
- squattoes likes this
- rand0mflora likes this
- rand0mflora said: This is seriously inspirational stuff, Pam. I’m glad I got to meet you in person, finally. You are awesome (everyday)!
- stfuconservatives likes this
- nudawn likes this
- melanyouth reblogged this from awesome-everyday and added:
- ro-s-aspa-rks likes this
- dawnowar likes this
- rtothemj likes this
- the-richie said: You are amazing! I’m sorry I didn’t spend more time getting to know you and your mom when you were in town.
- the-richie likes this
- viciouscabaret likes this
- muroo said: <3 you’re awesome, as you say. “make your own luck” and keep doin’ whatchu doin’ and I keep wanting that dress…
- notthebarefootcontessa likes this
- karenabad likes this
- bigfunnywords likes this
- awesome-everyday posted this