I'm Pam Newman.
I am awesome every day & you are too.
Follow my butt on Twitter!
I'm a writer of aricles, poems & songs. Here's some cool stuff I wrote.
That’s right — there is now an official Game of Thronescookbook. And while it doesn’t include a recipe for sauteed horse heart a la khaleesi, it isstuffed with Westerosi dishes that actually sound scrumptious… as well as a guide to making honeyed locusts. We interviewed the authors of A Feast of Ice and Fire about the challenges of cooking fictional food, weird medieval recipes, and which fantastical world they’d like to tackle next. Hint: It rhymes with “Larry Totter.”
I AM NOT MAD ABOUT THIS AT ALL, BECAUSE READING THOSE BOOKS MAKES ME HUNGRY.
THERE NEEDS TO BE A BONUS BOOK ON HOW TO BREW ARBOR GOLD.
So of course that means a list.
- Sally Draper, baddest bitch y/y?
- Those of you who haven’t read the Game of Thrones books are in for a really great episode next week, and I’ve been looking forward to this ALL SEASON.
- Even though I gave you 10 really good reasons to do so, a lot of you still aren’t watching Scandal, and shit was poppin’ off last episode like WOAH.
- The Awake season Finale was kind of whatever.
- How are you doing, tumblr?
Game Of Thrones: where even the composer is smoking hot.
JFC CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS GUY AND HOW MUCH OF A GENIUS HE IS?
HE COMPOSED A THEME SONG FOR A SHOW SET IN A FICTIONAL WORLD THAT TOTALLY SETS THE TONE FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES. IT IS MASTERFULLY LAYERED AND COMPLEX, YET IS SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE TO GET IT STUCK IN THEIR HEAD. KEY CHANGES, MULTIPLE INSTRUMENTS, WALTZ TIME, THIS GUY HAS IT ALL.
ALSO HE IS FUCKING FINE AND CAN TOTALLY GET IT.
For going from “With Peter Dinklge,” to first-billed, “Starring Peter Dinklage” on Game of Thrones!
I’d like to see these people talking smack tell their negative ideas about Katniss Everdeen & how she needs a man to be a worthwhile character to the face of Ceresi Lannister and see how that goes.
- Facebook question for GRRM: What was your intent in providing such female characters of strength in a genre that typically reduces them to witches, wives, and whores?
- George R. R. Martin: To be fair, I have my share of witches, wives, and whores. But I try to make them fully fleshed out human witches, wives, and whores. It all goes back to what I said earlier about common humanity. It seems strange that I have to say this, as a sort of weirdly radical statement, but women are people and they are driven by the same desires that drive men, I think. A desire for respect and power, a desire to protect your children. Greed for money, for acclaim, everyone wants to be loved. It is all common humanity. I just try to write my female characters as I write my males characters. I do take into account it is a very patriarchal society. They are limited to certain roles, some of them fit comfortably within the roles their Westerosi society assigned them. And some of them cannot fit comfortably into those roles, and therefore encounter a certain amount of rejection, or tension, or ridicule as they try to pursue their own dreams or as they frustrate their own dreams. All this is great, all this is conflict, it is character tension, it is what story is all about, the human heart in conflict with itself once again. One of the things that pleases me to no end is that I have so many female readers. They do write me, all the time, that they do like my female characters, and I am very pleased with it.
Oh, my god, characters. Just stop fucking loving things so I can stop watching them get ripped cruelly away from you.
This post is about A Song of Ice and Fire.
Re-reading A Clash of Kings right now.
Kelsium brings the fires of truth to your dashboards in ways you might not even know yet.
Game of Thrones Intro on piano (cover)
If you really, truly care about me. If you respect me and my choices. If you consider yourself to be a progressively minded human being who can accept and love other human beings for who they were born as or have selected to become…
You will totally be chill when I announce that not only am I taking this song as my bride, I have already impregnated it with intangible hypothetical, digital object babies.
And if you’re not cool with it, you should come to the wedding anyway.
The reception will have an open bar.