I'm Pam Newman.
I am awesome every day & you are too.
Follow my butt on Twitter!
I'm a writer of aricles, poems & songs. Here's some cool stuff I wrote.
- Because they don’t have an address, homeless people can not register to vote, or renew their voter registration.
- Roughly 1 in every 200 persons in the US used the shelter system at some point between October 1, 2008 and September 30, 2009.
- On any given night in America, anywhere from 700,000 to 2 million people are homeless, according to estimates of the National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty.
According to a December, 2000 report of the US Conference of Mayors:
- Single men comprise 44 percent of the homeless, single women 13 percent, families with children 36 percent, and unaccompanied minors seven percent.
- The homeless population is about 50 percent African-American, 35 percent white, 12 percent Hispanic, 2 percent Native American and 1 percent Asian.
- According to the United States Conference of Mayors, the main cause is the lack of affordable housing.