I'm Pam Newman.
I am awesome every day & you are too.
Follow my butt on Twitter!
I'm a writer of aricles, poems & songs. Here's some cool stuff I wrote.
- Laughed so hard my face hurt
- Learned about cultural organzing
- Got help from my friends at a stressful time
- Realized that the BC pills I’m on work their intended purpose quite well and have essentially cured my PMDD!
- Spent most of my week in an apartment with no internet and didn’t complain once because of wonderful, magnetic company (BIG DEAL RITE U GUYS?)
- Finally got 100% legal with my vehicle
- Outwardly expressed appreciation to a ton of deserving humans
- Saw at least one co-worker every day but Friday, and I’m not one bit mad about it
- Took a nap in the park
- Read some stuff
- Drank tea, coffee, beer, oj, lemonade, hot chocolate, water
- Wrote poetry, played my guitar and drew pictures on my boyfriend’s iPad
- Discovered my life’s purpose (I’m not exaggerating. I’ll blog more about that later)
- Had some incredible physical experiences.
- Saw the entire city from a ledge in the park and felt love in a way that only poetry and soft art could give justice to
- Listened to some great music
- I took some AWESOME showers
- My heart had a chance to relax, sing, smile and beat faster than ever before
- Ate: Pizza, ice cream, tacos, breakfast foods, Vietnamese food, home cooked meals, chicken wings, brie, white castle onion rings, chips, salsa, cake, pasta,
- Been inspired to be creative because of my favorite thing: Love!
- My blankets
- My Car
- My guitars
- My computer/all Computers
- Nail polish
- Things that smell good
- Things that smell bad
- Things that taste good
- Unwanted hairs
- Empty toilet paper rolls
What I actually did:
- Auditioned for a play
- Facilitated a community meeting
- Celebrated national Margarita day with awesome co-workers
- Took some very serious naps
- Had a family dinner with friends
- Got the part in the aforementioned play
- Recorded an (extended) episode of Black Girls Talking!!
- Played several games of Ruzzle
- Tweeted my little thumbs numb
- Got extra hype about the Oscars and disrespectful Oscar-related tweets
- Took action on said disrespect, and encouraged others to do the same
- What color your poop was
- What Donald Trump has to say about current events
- What the hours before 10am on Saturdays are like
- Met with 3 PhD candidates about them getting involved in community work
- High-fived a PhD candidate re: community health
- Referenced a conversation with Kelsium during said conversation, and right before the aforementioned high-five
- Called my councilwoman
- Ate a healthy lunch, like a boss
And it’s not even 1:00 yet.
- I like to nap during the day
- I like raw fish
- I like to play with string (knitting, basically)
- I spend a decent amount of my day grooming myself
- People tend to like pictures of me on the internet.
1. When I first met Ciji, the first thing she said after “Hi,” and “Come in!” was, “You look just like your photos!”
Which I thought was a great compliment, because I try real hard to look cute in those photos, man. It’s kind of ridiculous.
2. There ought to be support structures in place for those of us who have a large volume of online friends. Specifically to help people through the process of coming out as someone who has “Internet friends” to people who are sorta like,
3. My klout score is reaching “OVER 9,000” levels.
4. Nobody on the planet other than me gives a fuck about my Klout score.
5. I got a half day at work today, and I am gonna prep my body to EAT ALL THE THINGS. (not directly related, but there’s some solid meme usage, so I figured it fit)
6. Love y’all!
- Yarn and knitting stuff in a giant baggie
- Paid bills … and unpaid bills
- The beer I’m presently drinking
- A chococat plushie
- Hot sauce
- Nail polish remover
- My All Nippon Airlines Mileage club card
OMG an attractive, wealthy, intelligent and socially-conscious person fell in love with me.
Then I woke up.
Last night, in a fit of foolishness/loneliness I nearly gave a condom and my phone number to a very handsome and equally racist libertarian I met at a pizza place because I am slightly maladjusted and my catacombs require the redecorating of a skilled hall decorator.
When did meeting new people get so difficult? I suppose there is a direct relation between increased wisdom, knowing what sorts of people are toxic right off the bat and not just accepting any ol’ tool as a friend.
- Write gender-neutral lovesongs
- Make some delicious stuff using the fake meat in my freezer
- Straighten my hair
- figure out a way to take a picture of myself in this SUPER CUTE DRESS I AM WEARING TODAY YOU GUYS OMG
- Play the first show out with my new, nameless band before 2013
- Visit Chicago, Ohio, Philly and LA all before spring.
- Collect on this Waffle House groupon I have (yeah you read that right)
So, this is seriously my favorite piece of jewelry right now.
It is, what I assume to be some kind of aluminium/steel hybrid, or perhaps tin?
I got it at a hair/wig/classy fashionz & panties store for the bargian basment price of $4.99 plus tax. While I was there, not only was I able to purchase beads for my braids at the work party… but! I also obtained:
- silver ballet-flat shoes (10 dollars)
- shampoo (2 dollars)
- Giant balls for ponytails (99 cents)
- a pair of shiny hot pink skin-tight tights (11 dollars)
I post this so that you, the american people (and other nations too!), can know that as I was putting this away, I thought to myself, “I should get all my jewelry from there!”
- Prepared to go do some outreach stuff tomorrow
- Great conversations with great people about great subjects
- I plowed through doing some tasks I don’t like so much, and was rewarded for it (in kind donations, not cash, if you know what I’m sayin)!
- I’ve had just the right amount of coffee— awake but not feeling like I’m having a freakin’ panic attack.
- Sewing seeds for success in others!!!