I'm Pam Newman.
I am awesome every day & you are too.
Follow my butt on Twitter!
I'm a writer of aricles, poems & songs. Here's some cool stuff I wrote.
Oh damn, I think I have like two weeks of Game of Thrones to catch up on, too.
Has there been a new Once Upon a Time too?? What is happening on the teletubeies?
So many things I like in one NYT article about ABC’s Scandal:
A steamy photo of Oliva & Fitz, Dr Kaila Story of University of Louisville & WFPL’s Strange Fruit adding to the content and frankness on race, gender, relationships in juicy TV!
A taste from the article:
Twitter and Facebook lit up with reaction. “Rhimes is so smart.” said Dr. Kaila Story, who holds the Audre Lorde chair in race, class, gender and sexuality studies at the University of Louisville. She said the producer wanted to make clear this was a very different kind of relationship. “The whole institution of enslavement in and of itself does not engender a romantic relationship,” Dr. Story said.
OLIVIA POPE IS SKEPTICAL ABOUT WHY FIREFLY WAS CANCELLED
Look y’all. I told y’all sometime earlier this year that ABC’s Scandal is the best new drama to materialize on your TV since George RR Martin started killing off your favorites.
People in the Firefly tag are probably like, “What the fuck is this post doing in our special place??”
I’ll tell you!
Last night while tumblr was cramping from its monthly cycle, I hung out on twitter and watched the #Scandal tag. Stars from the show were tweeting at fans, people freaked out at appropriate points and nothing hurt.
Someone asked Kerry Washington if there was going to be a season 3, and she replied in Fluent ExcitedTwitterUser-eese:
“IF MORE PEOPLE WATCH THEN WE GET MORE EPS!” - @KerryWashington
And I immediately thought about how many people watched Firefly, and then the show was just gone. Like, poof. No more show. But it was a great show that also happened to have a gorgeous Black woman as a main character that was nobody’s bitch.
So what I’m saying is, talk about this show. It was created/written by a black woman, starring a black woman and based on the life of a black woman. It’s incredibly well written, the wardrobe is amazing, KERRY WASHINGTON & the independent entity that is her fabulous hair.
Also? Can we talk about how the drama on this show rivals that of Downton Abbey’s; only the rich people on this show are easier to relate to because they have iPhones.
Anyway, I’m advocating for this TV show because gorgeous genius black women need more television airspace, this show is awesome, and it deserves a season 3.
I say this all in the honor and memory of one of the greatest cancelled TV shows of all time, Firefly.
REASONS YOU NEED TO BE WATCHING SCANDAL ON ABC
- Kerry Washington & Ian Cusick (Desmond from Lost, brothah) are Gladiators in Suits
- A black female lead that’s the baddest ass character on network tv right now, in Olivia Pope.
- A BLACK LADY CHARACTER WHO’S GOT THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD ALL FUCKED UP OVER MISSING THAT PUNANNI.
- This television program has intrigue dripping from its pores.
- Black female extras as doctors.
- This show is incredibly well written… BY A BLACK WOMAN.
- Guillermo Díaz, the guy from Half Baked, is in it as a ex-CiA hacker with a warm & fuzzy heart.
- Any given episode will make you laugh, cry, go “OH SHIT! I can’t fucking BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!”
- One full hour of watching Kerry Washington’s hair look flawless.
- Desmond is still fucking fine, brothah.
So get on the ball and start watching this show, because I want to talk to y’all about it!