I'm Pam Newman.
I am awesome every day & you are too.
Follow my butt on Twitter!
I'm a writer of aricles, poems & songs. Here's some cool stuff I wrote.
According to producer Laura Ellis, my favorite podcast, (WFPL’s awesome LGBTQ of color-focused Strange Fruit, hosted by Jaison Gardner and Doctor Kaila Story) will be moving from online-only to having a 10 minute segment every Thursday!
Get you some.
DMX - “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” Remix
MERRY CHRISTMAS! COME ON!
This is just as good as you think it is.
It’s so lovely & it makes me smile!
Thanks Duessa! ;D
(Side note, this is a rare Monday where my nails aren’t spectacular. Expect some nail-art magnificence tomorrow!)
- A nice hot shower
- The smell of freshly washed hair
- Clipping toenails
- Applying eyeliner
- Getting earwax out with a q-tip
- A great nail polish job that lasts a few days
- Smooth, shaven legs
- Cocoa butter on EVERY inch of skin where it makes sense
Hey readers! Time for your weekly update on our progress in getting this mag out!
Go and check out our new tumblr layout and logo! We hope you adore the look, as we feel it captures our essence! Helen and Kaki worked on the logo and layout, respectively.
And last night’s meeting, we spoke about the following:
- We’ve scored an interview with Dapwell of the hip-hop group Das Racist! Are you interested in submitting a question? Send it to us at email@example.com!
- Goodies for readers and donors.
- Grassroots workshops.
- Funding (grants and donator systems).
- Web hosting.
- Contributors and Submissions.
Remember: We plan to open the website page and reader submissions on July 9th, 2012, and release the print edition in the middle of September. Plan for a logo and tumblr layout revamp June 1st!
Please send us questions and comments through our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow this page to receive updates on our incoming contributors, upcoming contests, and much much more. And if you missed the survey, please fill it out here!
Chelsea • Pam • Shivana • Chris • Cara • Kaki • Cassie • Helen
The Untitled Mag strives to empower a community of diverse youth by providing a space to celebrate their existence within a world that otherwise denies universal pride in their rich, personal identities. We acknowledge, celebrate, cherish and give priority to those marginalized by their sexual identity, race, gender identity, class status, ability status (physical and mental), body size, and health.
I just want to make sure you saw this, because The Untitled Mag does, in fact, ball so hard famous people wanna find us:
We’ve scored an interview with Dapwell of the hip-hop group Das Racist! Are you interested in submitting a question? Send it to us at email@example.com!
REASONS YOU NEED TO BE WATCHING SCANDAL ON ABC
- Kerry Washington & Ian Cusick (Desmond from Lost, brothah) are Gladiators in Suits
- A black female lead that’s the baddest ass character on network tv right now, in Olivia Pope.
- A BLACK LADY CHARACTER WHO’S GOT THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD ALL FUCKED UP OVER MISSING THAT PUNANNI.
- This television program has intrigue dripping from its pores.
- Black female extras as doctors.
- This show is incredibly well written… BY A BLACK WOMAN.
- Guillermo Díaz, the guy from Half Baked, is in it as a ex-CiA hacker with a warm & fuzzy heart.
- Any given episode will make you laugh, cry, go “OH SHIT! I can’t fucking BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!”
- One full hour of watching Kerry Washington’s hair look flawless.
- Desmond is still fucking fine, brothah.
So get on the ball and start watching this show, because I want to talk to y’all about it!
First off, thank you so much for being excited and interested in this upcoming teen mag project. Because it is so important to us that we don’t fuck this up, we’d love for you to tell us about yourselves and what you want out of YOUR magazine! Demographic questions are included because not only do we want to know about the basic stuff, we want to know where YOU come from & YOUR experiences so we can make the magazine reflective of YOU. This form will be anonymous, meaning that chelsea (popca) and Cassie (bowfolk) will be the only ones viewing it when we receive in the inbox.Please fill out this survey and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading stating “General” if you’re interested in being a potential reader, “Art” if you’re interested in submitting art, and “Writing” if you’re interested in submitting writing. Thanks a bunch, and follow us here on tumblr for more updates!
Please fill this out!
Where Do You Fall on the Gender Spectrum:
How Would You Describe your Body Type:
Tell Us About Yourself! Write a short blurb about your life, interests and dreams.
What do you like in teen/young lady mags?
What don’t you like in teen/young lady mags?
Do you see yourself reflected in teen/young lady mags? Explain why or why not.
What topics would like to write or make art about?
If you saw yourself reflected in teen/young lady mags, what would you see?
What magazines do you like to read?
What are your hobbies? Who do you like to do? Listen to music, make music, read, write, explore, cook, clean, blow shit up, ride your bike, eat, skate, hula hoop, dance, argue, etc?
What are your five favorite books?
What are your five favorite bands or musicians or groups?
Are you interested in fashion or makeup? How do you personalize your style?
How much do you spend on your clothes? Do you feel that you can easily find clothes that define you? Why or why not?
Is food hard to make or hard to get where you live? What foods do you eat? Do you enjoy recipes that you can easily make?
Do you like sports or exercising? Why or why not? What would make sports cool for you, or not cool for you?
Do you enjoy reading? How do you have a good reading experience, and if you don’t, why is that?
And last but not least, tell us something special about yourself!
Walk Off the Earth - Somebody That I Used To Know (Goyte Cover)
6 strings, 10 hands, 3 vocalists, 1 awesome video.
How to make a Down Ass Bitch*. The perfect beverage for any bitch that’s cool.
(*The DAB is the drink I mentioned in this post)
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add a 10 second count of Pinnicale Cotton Candy Vodka. I count to ten while I pour because I know that’s a lotta vodka.
- Pour enough Orange Juice into the cup to fill it about 2/3rds of the way.
- Fill almost the rest of it with Pineapple Juice.
- Top it with a cherry (True DAB’s require a cherry with a stem), and maybe a splash of Grenadine if you want to make it special.
- No need to stir.
- Drink until tipsy.
welll… would ya look at that.
and…”true dab’s require a cherry with a stem” …i think i have a drawing to do..
I would love to see this drawing. Also, this reminds me that I need to buy some more cotton candy vodka.
NyanCat The Movie, orchestrated by Blake Robinson
Because memes can be played by an orchestra too :D This is an orchestrated version of the Nyan Cat song, originally written by DaniWellP.
This is an important day in internet culture history, and I’m glad to say I was here to experience it. I am a changed woman, and it is all due to an orchestrated version of the Nyan Cat song.
Google bless the internet. Google bless us all.